Jon Hillcock | Mon - Thu 7pm - 10pm
1. Your chief characteristic(s)
Honesty, perhaps due to an inability to lie convincingly
2. Your idea of happiness
A day/night/weekend spent laughing, drinking and discovering previously unheard music with those that know me best (Glastonbury, essentially)
3. Your idea of misery
Being forcibly deprived of either music or those I am closest to
4. Your favourite virtue
5. Your biggest flaw
6. For what fault have you most toleration?
7. What was your worst ever job?
A twelve-week internship at an investment bank: 11-hour days, countless spreadsheets and only half an enjoyable weekend overshadowed by the Fear of Monday
8. What would your favourite occupation be?
Somewhat predictably, I’m already doing it. If there is anything better than being paid to play music you love, then I don’t know about it
9. Where would you most like to live?
London is the place for me
10. Where do you live now?
I live in South East London
11. Which characters in musical history do you most dislike?
Any figure that has stifled innovative musical progression in favour of cold hard cash
12. Which characters in musical history would you like to be?
Andrew Loog Oldham, Sam C. Phillips, Joe Meek, John Peel
13. Your favourite album ever (yes, I know it’s impossible, but try dammit)
This week, it’s Ramones’ ‘Ramones’
14. Who’s your favourite DJ?
In history: John Peel, right now: John Kennedy
15. What was the first single you bought? (and be honest about it)
The Bobby Brown Megamix. Don’t laugh, it’s my prerogative, after all (Sorry)
16. …and your first gig? (ditto)
Iron Maiden, live at Pinewood Studios in 1993. Bruce Dickinson’s LAST EVER SHOW! Until he rejoined a few years later.
17. Your favourite qualities in a band/musician
Creative musical integrity alongside the ability to forge an entirely unique agenda. And good hair.
18. Your favourite author
19. Your favourite film director
20. Your favourite hero or heroine in real life
Um, John Peel (again)
21. Your favourite hero or heroine in fiction
22. Your favourite food and drink
Home made fajitas, or Sunday roast (beef, if possible)
24. Your pet aversion
The Daily Mail
25. What three songs would you have played at your wedding?
The Beatles ‘Something’, Etta James ‘Something’s Got A Hold On Me’ and The White Stripes ‘We’re Going To Be Friends’
26. What three songs would you have played at your funeral?
The White Stripes ‘I’m Bound To Pack It Up’, Neil Young ‘After The Gold Rush’ and Arcade Fire ‘In The Backseat’
27. What is your present state of mind
Content yet ambitious.
28. Your favourite motto is?
Love is all.