Vodafone Live Music Awards 2007 Winners Announced
The inaugural Vodafone Live Music Awards took place last night (September 19) at Brompton Hall, London, with Arctic Monkeys, Gossip, Klaxons and Muse all taking home prizes.
Tonight (September 19) Earls Court's Brompton Hall venue saw a stack of awards being handed out to the very finest live acts in the country… and Mika.
After opening the event with a performance of their number one single ‘Away From Here’, The Enemy were pipped to the post for the Xfm Live Breakthrough Act by Mercury Awards winners Klaxons.
Elsewhere Arctic Monkeys picked up the coveted Best Live Act award, beating Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian and Muse to scoop the prize.
Alongside other winners Muse, The Killers, Gossip and Kylie, the unique The Best Tour Roadie accolade - which last year went to Primal Scream's legendary drum tech, fixer and general trouble-shooter Fatty - was won by James' roadie Geoff Buckley, apparently no relation to the actual Jeff Buckley.
Meanwhile Amy Winehouse's award for Best Live Award was picked up by the landlord of her local pub The Hawley Arms, Dougy, who insisted the award would be taking pride of place behind the bar.
And finally, Iggy Pop was honoured with the Freddie Mercury Lifetime Achievement in Live Music Award, presented to him by Debbie Harry aka Blondie whilst The Police walked away with the Best Live Return accolade.
None of the acts - including Calvin Harris, The Enemy, Stereophonics, Kate Nash and Athlete - who played at the awards walked away with a single prize, except for CSS' Lovefoxxx who picked up a gong for boyfriend Simon Taylor's band Klaxons. All together now "aaaaaaaw".
The full list of winners is:
- Vodafone Live Act: Arctic Monkeys
- International Live Act: The Killers
- Best Live Female: Amy Winehouse
- Best Live Male: Mika
- Tour of the Year: Muse
- Vodafone Live Impact in 2007: Gossip
- The Freddie Mercury Lifetime Achievement in Live Music: Iggy Pop
- Best Live Return: The Police
- Best Show Production: Kylie
- Best Tour Roadie: Geoff Buckley (James)
- Best Live Music DVD: Oasis
- Best Live Music Venue: Wembley Stadium
- Xfm Live Breakthrough Act: Klaxons
- C4 Festival of the Year 2007: Glastonbury
- Kerrang! Live Unsigned Act: The Flaming Monkeys
To discuss this story on the Xfm News Messageboard click here
Back to Music News click here
Have you got a Music News story? E-mail the Xfm News Desk below.